Clinical Research Study Will Provide Complimentary COVID-19 Antibody
Testing for up to 6,000 Hoag Employees and Medical Staff Providers and
The County of Orange First Responders/Employees
Through the generosity of Hoag Hospital Foundation and The County of Orange Healthcare Agency, Hoag is offering employees, medical staff and The County of Orange First Responders/Employees the opportunity to participate in a research study which includes free COVID-19 antibody testing to those who participate. The research study uses an accurate FDA-approved methodology for serology assay.
The study is available to the first 6,000 participants who enroll in the program. Please note that the study is available to all Hoag and Hoag Orthopedic Institute (HOI) employees, Hoag medical staff members and approved County of Orange First Responders/Employees. It is not available to physicians only on HOI medical staff. Dr. Philip Robinson, Hoag medical director of infection prevention and hospital epidemiology, is the principal investigator leading the research study with the Hoag Center for Research Education, the study has been approved by an Institutional Review Board, and its goal is to document the prevalence of past exposure in healthcare workers, first responders and county employees while comparing the results with national benchmarks. Results may also be used for future determination regarding length of immunity conveyed by antibodies to COVID-19.
Participation in the study is entirely voluntary and is unpaid. A participant’s decision to participate or not to participate in the study will not be shared with anyone outside of the research team and will have no impact on his/her employment.
- Research participants must be asymptomatic at the time of the blood draw.
- Blood draw is by appointment only.
- To enroll into the trial and schedule your appointment please log onto
Participants are encouraged to use a desktop computer instead of a mobile device or iPad when enrolling.
- Clinics hours and locations include:
• Hoag Hospital Newport Beach, James Irvine Surgery Center (located across from the emergency department):
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 6 – 10 a.m.
• Hoag Health Center Irvine, 16105-16405 Sand Canyon: Tuesday and Thursday, 6 – 10 a.m.
- Prior to blood draw, participants will be required to provide their written consent to participate in the research study and will need to show their employment badge.
- A 5ml peripheral blood sample will be collected.
- A repeat sample will be collected eight weeks later.
- Results will be available approximately 72 hours from the blood draw through Epic MyChart. To sign up for MyChart, please visit https://orca.myonlinechart.org/affiliate/ . Please wait 24 hours after your blood draw to set up your My Chart account.
At the end of the enrollment period, a 25% random sample of study participants will be selected to have one additional blood draw for serology six months after their date of enrollment, where a third serum
separator tube of blood (~5mL) will be collected and tested.
With questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-7-2 Hoag AntibodyTesting.pdf