March 24: COVID-19 Member Update & Instructions
March 24, 2020
Local 3631 Brothers and Sisters:
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to challenge our members and the OCPFA Executive Board to quickly adapt to our ever-changing circumstances. Your Executive Board continues to push the OCFA to provide alternative locations for our members to isolate and quarantine. We have met with OCFA Executive Management to express our concerns. Their current unwillingness to provide lodging for our members has increased demand on our Fallen Firefighter Relief Fund (FFRF) to provide you and your families much needed assistance and relief. Please be aware of the following changes to our FFRF COVID-19 donation authorization and procedures:
The OCPFA Executive Board has revised its COVID-19 donation authorization as follows:
The OCPFA Executive Board has authorized a Fallen Firefighter Relief Fund (FFRF) donation of $150 per day, up to $2,000, for any Local 3631 member in good standing restricted from duty relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. This authorization may be revoked or revised based on FFRF committee recommendations. Affected members shall contact Treasurer Tantuvanich at email@example.com to begin the donation process.
When emailing Treasurer Tantuvanich please include the following information:
- Member’s full name
- Member’s mailing address
- Beginning date of work restriction
- End date of work restriction
- All donation requests must be submitted through email only.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic is ever-changing, donation requests will be considered based on the policy in place when the member’s email was received.
- Donations will be processed upon the member’s return to work or after 14-days, whichever occurs first.
As a reminder, the following Executive Board members are the primary contacts for the OCPFA IAFF Local 3631’s COVID-19 response:
- Vice President Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org OCFA Incident Management Team L3631 Representative, Operations
- Treasurer Tantuvanich email@example.com L3631 Public Information, IAFF Liaison, CPF Liaison, Member Donations
- Director Lee Cabrera firstname.lastname@example.org Behavioral Health and Wellness
Your OCPFA Executive Board will continue to advocate for all our members and make sure that your health and safety is the top priority of the OCFA.
Orange County Professional Firefighters Association IAFF Local 3631
2020-3-24 Membership Board re Covid Update w Instruction.pdf